Monday, May 9, 2011

Are you rich?

Would you consider yourself rich?


Before you answer, let me share some statistics with you from our Pastor's sermon yesterday.


1.4 billion people in the world live on less than $1.25/day.

2 billion people in the world live on less than $2.00/day.

If you earn more than $25,000/yr, you earn more than 90% of the people in the world.

If you earn more than $80,000/yr, you earn more than 99% of the people in the world.


I was humbled by this and I hope you find yourself humbled, as well.

Are we thankful? Content? Are we giving to others? Are we spending what we have wisely? Is our money being used to help others or to horde for ourselves? As a Christian, am I giving abundantly to God's work?

This week, my bible study will be focused on these things. I invite you to do the same.

No comments:

Followers